About Jodha Bai (Mariam-uz-Zamani)
Jodha was also known as Hira Kumari, Jodha Bai, Harka Bai in history. But many people do not know Jodha’s full name, her full name is Mariam-uz-Zamani. He was born in 1562. There is no much information in history about Jodha Bai. and do not people know much about the history of Jodha Bai Princess.
Jodha was the daughter of Rajput king Bharmal. King Bharmal was the king of Amer. When Jodha grew up, Jodha’s father proposed to her that you marry Akbar. Accepting the father’s words, agreed to marry Akbar. Jodha Bai’s marriage to Akbar was a political settlement. When Jodha was married to Akbar, after the marriage of Akbar who ruled over Mughal Sasan, the Mughals named him Mariam-uz-Zamani.
Read More : Buland Darwaza
Shortly after marriage, Jodha gave birth to a son named Jahangir. Jahangir who was to be the future king Jahangir’s full name was Noor-Ud-Din Muhammad Salim.
Interesting facts about Jodha Bai
- Jodha Bai was named Mariam-praz-zamani after marriage. Which was put in by the Mughal rule.
- Their marriage was a political settlement that took place between Raja Bharmal and Akbar. Both Rajputs and Mughals benefited from this marriage.
- Many people say that. When Jodha gave birth to Jahangir. Then, in his happiness, Akbar gave this name to Jodha Mariam-Praj-Zamani.
- Jodha and Akbar married on 6 February 1562. But very few people know this history. They got married.
- Akbar married many Rajput queens. But after marriage, Akbar did not ask any queen for conversion.
- It has also been told about Jodha Bai in many places. That she used to run the spice and silk trade internationally.
- After marriage, Akbar also allowed Jodha to maintain a Hindu temple inside the palace.
- Jodha was known as the first and last love of Akbar.
- Despite being a Hindu, he was given a lot of respect in the Mughal rule.
- After marriage, Jodha became one of Akbar’s main wives.
- Jodha died on 19 May 1623.